
Yesterday I was in the mood for waffles but realized we didn't have waffle mix. I looked up recipes online but they all called for buttermilk, which I also didn't have. So I found this recipe, and it was pretty dang good.
3 cups flour
2 Tbsp. baking powder
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. nutmeg
3 whole eggs
3/4 cup canola oil
3 cups milk
1 tsp. vanilla
Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and nutmeg. Add oil, eggs, milk and vanilla. Beat well and bake in hot waffle iron. Serve however you like your waffles. We put yogurt and fruit on them, (I used the yogurt with fruit on the bottom cups because we already had them in the fridge. They're also a lot cheaper than getting fresh fruit and a big tub of yogurt, but probably not as healthy or tasty. Oh, the joys of being poor... ;) ) Oh, this makes a lot of waffles, so if you only have a few people to feed I suggest either halving the recipe or cooking them all and freezing them (which is what we did, now we have frozen eggos!)
No comments:
Post a Comment