With cooler weather coming, here is a recipe I made up. I actually tried to copy what I have tasted at Ye Lion's Den Restaurant in Ogden.
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cut into cubes OR 1 can chicken
2 cans of chicken broth
1/2 cup flour
1 cup sour cream
1 can evaporated milk
3 cups milk
1 cup Swiss cheese
1 c. ham, diced
Heat the chicken broth in a large saucepan until it starts to boil. In a separate bowl mix the flour and the sour cream. Then gradually add heated broth to bowl, a half cup or so at a time, stirring with a whisk, until smooth and thin. (about a cup total broth). Then add that back to the rest of the broth in the saucepan. (This little trick keeps your soup very smooth, not lumpy) Return to a boil, but don't turn heat up to above medium , stirring constantly so it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan. When it starts to thicken, add the can of milk and the other 3 cups of milk. Then don't cook above medium heat, but keep stirring until it thickens again. Turn off heat and add the cheese and ham. Stir until melted. Serve.
I will add the photo when I make it again.
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cut into cubes OR 1 can chicken
2 cans of chicken broth
1/2 cup flour
1 cup sour cream
1 can evaporated milk
3 cups milk
1 cup Swiss cheese
1 c. ham, diced
Heat the chicken broth in a large saucepan until it starts to boil. In a separate bowl mix the flour and the sour cream. Then gradually add heated broth to bowl, a half cup or so at a time, stirring with a whisk, until smooth and thin. (about a cup total broth). Then add that back to the rest of the broth in the saucepan. (This little trick keeps your soup very smooth, not lumpy) Return to a boil, but don't turn heat up to above medium , stirring constantly so it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan. When it starts to thicken, add the can of milk and the other 3 cups of milk. Then don't cook above medium heat, but keep stirring until it thickens again. Turn off heat and add the cheese and ham. Stir until melted. Serve.
I will add the photo when I make it again.
1 comment:
Mmmm... That sounds yummy!
Post a Comment